A celebration of Texas BBQ, music, and beer.
The Great Texas BBQ Festival is set to light up Post HTX (401 Franklin Street, Houston TX 77201) May 19 and 20, featuring Texas’ best and biggest names in BBQ, beer, and music.
Weekend passes for The Great Texas BBQ Festival start at $35 for a limited time and give you access to a fun filled weekend of BBQ, music, and a highly curated selection of beers brewed from across the great state of Texas. VIP passes are available for $150 and include complimentary BBQ and beverages and access to VIP lounge. Taxes and fees apply to all ticket tiers.
20 of Texas’ best BBQ teams will be competing for a cash price of $20K USD in this ICBA sanctioned competition. Participating BBQ teams and notable Texas BBQ restaurants will be selling BBQ on site. Our stellar BBQ lineup to be announced soon!
20 bands will be performing on 2 stages throughout the weekend. Daily schedule to be announced soon.
Musical performances by: OLD 97’S, DAWES, MORRIS DAY & THE TIME, THE SUFFERS, LUCERO, WANDA JACKSON, BROWNOUT, BUXTON, BIDI BIDI BANDA, JUNIOR BROWN, RICH O’TOOLE, CRAIG KINSEY, MIKE STINSON, ANCIENT CAT SOCIETY, WILL VAN HORN TRIO, THE MIGHTY ORQ, ALI HOLDER, CLAY MELTON, THE PHANTOM ROYALS
Texas has some of the best craft breweries on the planet. Breweries from all across the great state will be serving their finest ice cold brews all weekend, y’all. Beer lineup coming soon!
This event is rain or shine.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS. Tickets are transferable.
Where is the festival?
Houston’s downtown Post HTX will serve as the location for this celebration of all things Texas. Located at 401 Franklin Street, Houston TX 77201.
Will there be Parking?
Downtown Houston is dotted with dozens of parking garages and parking lots as well as ample street parking walking distance from the event site. That said, we encourage all attendees to consider yellow cab, public transit, and designated drivers to assure a safe and fun weekend. We encourage patrons to never drink and drive. NEVER EVER NEVER EVER drink and drive.
What is allowed on the festival grounds?
- BACKPACKS. All bags will be searched prior to entering. Choose a bag that that is secure, and keep track of your belongings.
- PERSONAL CAMERAS are allowed.
- SELFIE STICKS
- TOWEL OR BLANKET for sitting.
- CASH (SMALL BILLS) AND CREDIT CARDS. Cash will be accepted for food, drinks, and memorabilia, and in some locations credit cards will be accepted as well. There is no need to purchase food/drink tickets first. ATMs will be available throughout the festival grounds as well.
- GLUTTONOUS APPETITES
What is not allowed on the festival grounds?
- PETS of any kind
- MOTORIZED VEHICLES
- PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS and detachable lenses.
- COOLERS TENTS, CANOPIES, UMBRELLAS or other big, pointy obstructions
- NO WATER OR ANY OTHER LIQUID OR FOOD IS ADMITTED (as required by the City of Houston)
- BAD ATTITUDES
- MORRISSEY T-SHIRTS are strongly discouraged
- WEAPONS, in compliance with Texas penal code 30.06 and 30.07
Can I bring kids?
Yes! Kids are welcome. Children 10 and under are free. Minors under the age of 18 will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Will there be somewhere to sit?
There will be limited access to picnic tables and seating areas at the festival.
Why is BBQ so important?
BBQ is where wings take dream.